Computer Science - Head of Department/Subject Leader
Computer Science - Head of Department/Subject Leader (depending on candidate’s appropriate previous experience)
Salary: MPS/UPS + TLR (dependant on previous experience)
Full time /Permanent
Required to start – September 2021
Closing date: Monday 22nd March 2021
If you are looking to take the next exciting step in your career, we are offering an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, talented individual looking to develop their career.
We are looking for a well-qualified, enthusiastic and experienced teacher or subject leader to take responsibility for Computer Science. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of successful teaching as well as being able to demonstrate the ability to motivate and lead teams of staff.
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational Head of Department/Subject leader for Computer Science with excellent subject knowledge. The successful candidate will join the school’s highly successful and enthusiastic International Business and Computer Science Faculty working and collaborating with an exceptionally dedicated and talented team of practitioners.
What we are looking for:
- An excellent Computer Science specialist, who is ready to develop their leadership skills
- A strategic thinker to shape the future of the subject and positively lead the department whilst being a well-organised, determined and proactive operational subject leader
- A passion to build on attainment and achievement at KS3, KS4 and KS5 through a positive attitude from staff, students and parents for Computing and IT
- A proven teacher, who has driven up attainment and progress in Computer Science
- Someone keen to make a difference to the lives of young people
- Someone looking to join a community that works to develop young people into successful citizens.
- Someone ready to work with young people both in lessons and as a tutor.
What Fulston Manor School can offer you:
- Mentoring and high-level training
- Encouragement to develop your career with excellent promotion opportunities
- A family atmosphere with welcoming staff and students
- A caring environment with well-being and work/life balance at its core.
- To be part of a whole school team – working together to achieve and valuing every individual’s contribution
The Computing department at Fulston Manor School consists of four teachers, based within a purpose built suite of five IT rooms. The school has five IT technicians and runs an IT service supporting 5 primary schools in the local area. The school is committed to maintaining a high level specification of IT equipment and looking to develop new areas of technology to support the teaching and learning.
The department delivers Computing and IT at KS3 to all year groups. At KS4 we offer OCR National Creative iMedia or GCSE computer science and at KS5 we offer BTEC National Level 3 in IT or Computing.
The successful applicant should have a keen interest in all areas of the curriculums we offer or an ability to pick up new IT based skills to enable them to deliver the full range of courses quickly.
In addition, many departments integrate an IT capability into subject schemes of work and receive support in delivery from the Computing department. Staff in the Computing department have provided INSET sessions on the delivery of IT and use of hardware and software, and the successful applicant would be expected to take an active role in these.
Fulston Manor is consistently one of the highest performing non-selective schools in Kent, this success is based on the quality of our staff and the excellence of our induction and support programmes. The school offers an outstanding learning environment for all its students.
Fulston Manor is focused on developing students into young citizens capable of making a difference. Here, at Fulston, we have a strong pastoral system at our core and we pride ourselves on being about strong traditional family values. All staff and students, who join us, are joining the Fulston family and we look forward to welcoming you to this community.
Applications are invited from experienced teachers who possess the skills, enthusiasm, and commitment necessary to ensure our students succeed and develop in our nurturing community. We are looking to develop staff that want to join our community and be a part of it, we provide a range of CPD opportunities to develop people’s careers, including access to the NPQ qualification suites.
The starting date for this post will be September 2021. If you are interested and would like to apply please complete the school’s application form and send this in to the Head of School with a covering letter (email acceptable). Applications by CV will not be accepted.
For any further information, however, please do not hesitate to contact the school; you are, of course, most welcome to visit – we are able to arrange this with the present social distancing measures in place.
A job description/specification is attached for further details.
We reserve the right to withdraw the advertisement early and to interview candidates during the advertisement window; candidates are therefore encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.