First Line ICT Technician
First Line ICT Technician
Salary: FMAT Point B1 - £17,746.50 plus travel expenses
Required to start – January 2022
Closing date: Friday 3rd December 2021
Interviews: December 2021
Fulston Manor Academies Trust is looking to recruit an ICT Technician to take a key role in the support service that we offer to a range of school throughout the East Kent area. The post holder will provide support to the Trust Network Manager, staff and students. The role involves maintaining the Trust’s ICT network and systems. The school offer support to several schools and the successful candidate would be required to travel between them, working independently to solve IT issues as they arise.
What we are looking for:
- A good understanding of maintaining IT systems and solving IT/network problems
- High level of ICT Skills
- A full, clean driving licence
- Experience of maintaining a range of end-user devices in a customer facing environment for 2+ years
- Ability to solve problems independently but also be aware that some issues will need upscaling within the team
- Experience of Management Information Systems (preferably SIMS)
- Experience of IP telephony
- Previous experience of working in an educational setting is desirable but not essential
What Fulston Manor School can offer you:
- Encouragement to develop your career
- A friendly, strong and supportive team
- A family atmosphere with welcoming staff and students
- A caring environment with well-being and work/life balance at its core.
- To be part of a whole school team – working together to achieve and valuing every individual’s contribution
Fulston Manor is consistently one of the highest performing non-selective schools in Kent, this success is based on the quality of our staff and the excellence of our induction and support programmes. The school offers an outstanding learning environment for all its students.
Fulston Manor is focused on developing students into young citizens capable of making a difference. Here, at Fulston, we have a strong pastoral system at our core and we pride ourselves on being about strong traditional family values. All staff and students, who join us, are joining the Fulston family and we look forward to welcoming you to this community.
Our IT support service currently supports 10 other sites, we plan to continue this expansion on a year by year basis.
If you are interested and would like to apply please complete the school’s application form and send this in to Suzanne Francis, Trust HR & Business Director with a covering letter (email acceptable). Applications by CV will not be accepted.
For any further information, however, please do not hesitate to contact the school; you are, of course, most welcome to visit.
A job description is attached for further details.
We reserve the right to withdraw the advertisement early and to interview candidates during the advertisement window; candidates are therefore encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment’