Teacher of MFL (French and Spanish)
Teacher of MFL (French and Spanish)
Required to start: September 2024
Closing Date: 8th March 2024
Following the successful introduction of Spanish to the MFL curriculum, we are seeking to appoint a dynamic and forward-thinking Teacher of MFL (teaching French and Spanish ideally, but we would consider either language specialism) with a passion, drive, love and ambition for language study providing an attractive and inspiring option for our students.
The successful candidate will join the school’s highly successful and enthusiastic Modern Foreign Languages department, working and collaborating with an exceptionally dedicated and talented team of practitioners.
The department aims to produce future global citizens who are confident and capable linguists with the skills to communicate independently with others both by spoken and written means about a range of topics. With English being no longer the most spoken first language in the world, a foreign language is a great asset and can offer a wide range of career paths, and it’s not just for use on holiday. We want our students to recognise and benefit from access to a range of languages.
What we are looking for:
- An excellent classroom practitioner
- Somebody who is well-organised, proactive and able to work effectively as part of a team
- Somebody who works well with staff and pupils alike
- Strong classroom management skills
- Knowledge of French at both KS3 and KS4
- Knowledge of Spanish at both KS3 and KS4
- Someone keen to make a difference to the lives of young people
- Someone looking to join a community that works to develop young people into successful citizens
- Someone ready to work with young people both in lessons and as a tutor
What Fulston Manor School can offer you:
- Mentoring and high-level training
- Encouragement to develop your career with excellent promotion opportunities
- A family atmosphere with welcoming staff and students
- A caring environment with well-being and work/life balance at its core
- To be part of a whole school team – working together to achieve and valuing every individual’s contribution
Fulston Manor is a heavily oversubscribed, non-selective school in Sittingbourne, Kent, this success is based on the quality of our staff and the excellence of our induction and support programmes. The school offers an outstanding learning environment for all its students.
Fulston Manor is focused on developing students into young citizens capable of making a difference. Here, at Fulston, we have a strong pastoral system at our core and we pride ourselves on being about strong traditional family values. All staff and students, who join us, are joining the Fulston family and we look forward to welcoming you to this community.
Applications are invited from experienced teachers or Early Career Teachers who possess the skills, enthusiasm, and commitment necessary to ensure our students succeed and develop in our nurturing community.
The starting date for this post will be September 2024. If you are interested and would like to apply please complete the school’s application form and send this in to the Headteacher with a covering letter (email acceptable). Applications by CV will not be accepted.
For any further information, however, please do not hesitate to contact the school; you are, of course, most welcome to visit.
We reserve the right to withdraw the advertisement early and to interview candidates during the advertisement window; candidates are therefore encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.