This Year 7 Acceptance Form must be completed and submitted by Friday, 31st March 2023 at the latest.
We are legally obliged to collect personal information about parents and students. The Children’s Act 1989 requires the School to keep up-to-date details of all people who have Parental Responsibility for its students. These would include:
1. Parents (whether married or unmarried) who live together.
2. Step-parents or other guardians who have obtained Parental Responsibility either by Court Order or by appointment in writing by a person with Parental Responsibility or by a Will.
3. The unmarried father (if granted Parental Responsibility by a Court Order or by a formal written agreement with the mother).
4. Divorced or separated parents.
5. The Local Authority Social Services Department, which may share Parental Responsibility with the child’s natural parents or guardians by virtue of an order made at court (a Care Order or similar).
The Act also requires that the School keeps up-to-date details of any Court Order made under Section 8 of the Act in respect of its students. These orders include Residence Orders, Contact Orders, Prohibited Steps Orders and Specific Issues Orders. You will only be aware of such an order if it relates to your child.
The Act requires that all who have Parental Responsibility should have equal access to School reports and be involved, if they so wish, in the normal decision making regarding a student’s education.
We are required to obtain and hold all of the information requested in this form by the Department of Education. You may be assured that all information received will be treated in a confidential manner. If you would like to know more about how we use personal data, please refer to our Privacy Notice published on our website.
Please note that where a section is marked with a red * this information is essential and the form cannot be submitted if it is missing.
* PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL STUDENTS, WHILST AT FULSTON MANOR SCHOOL, WILL BE KNOWN BY THEIR LEGAL SURNAME AND LEGAL FORENAME IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE EXAMINATION BOARDS. SHOULD YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES REGARDING THIS, PLEASE CONTACT THE SCHOOL OFFICE ON (01795) 475228.