Health and Social Care
Tech Award Health and Social Care Level 2
Exam Dates And Deadlines
Component 1 - Human Lifespan Development
Pearson Set Assignment (PSA) – Controlled assessment – taken in Spring of Year 10 – 30% of final grade
Component 2 - Health and Social Care Services and Values
Pearson Set Assignment (PSA) – Controlled assessment – taken in Year 10 – 30% of final grade – taken in November Year 11
Component 3 - Health and Wellbeing
External exam – taken in May of Year 11.
For more information please visit: https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/btec-tech-awards/health-and-social-care-2022.html
Head of Department Guidance
- For your controlled assessment (PSA) it is important to keep up to date with all lesson content and to do independent research for each assessment task.
- It is important to follow task sheets and checklists in preparation for your controlled assessment (PSA) to help you structure each piece and to ensure you have learnt all the content.
- For the examination components, it is important to keep up to date with all lesson content and to revise regularly from the start of the course.
- Use PLCs to revise examination content and to prepare for controlled assessment assessments.
- Attend workshops for controlled assessment guidance and examination preparation.
- Ask your teacher for the use of the textbook and the revision guide.
Past Controlled Assessments
This qualification is quite new (from 2022) and therefore past papers are limited, but you can find some on the link below: