Key Information for Students and Parents
What is GCSE Pod and how do I use it?
GCSE Pod is the new revision aid for all students that uses exam board targeted videos to help students revise for examinations. It is a great way to cover content and revise understanding. The Presentation attached here covers everything you need to know to get it up and running!
If you lose your password for GCSEPod and have trouble resetting it, please contact Mrs Gash at [email protected]
How can my son / daughter access GCSE Pod for their revision?
What subjects are running workshops during October Half Term?
Will the school be offering Saturday morning workshops?
The school is looking to run these later in the year as examinations approach, we will inform parents and students of the dates when this starts
When do the Year 11 subject workshops take place?
We have a workshop rota in place starting from 9th September, however subject teachers will be speaking to students about the content and relevance to their needs, so session may be useful for your son / daughter – others may not. Subject teachers will initially guide this.
What are the GCSE revision strategies I can use?
When is Year 11 homework set?
What basics do I need to remember for the exams?
Where can I find past papers to revise from in Years 10 and 11?
How can my diet help me in my exams?
How to deal with examination stress?
Which apps do subjects recommend to use in Years 10 and 11?
- GCSE Pod, Senacre learning and You tube for everything – Learning new content, revision of content and testing your understanding
- You-tube channel: Planet PE
- Edmodo for History
- BBC Bitesize – all subjects
- Kerboodle – Science
- Psychology – Illuminate Revision App
- Sociology – Revise sociology
- Citizenship – BBC newsround
- Maths – Pixl Maths App and Hegarty Maths
- Tutor2u – Good for Business and Economics
- Photography – Pinterest, Weebly and Canva
- Art – Pinterest and You tube for your art techniques
- Geography – Memrise and Quizlet
- Revision – Quizlet Flash card maker
- Computing – Teach -ICT has all revision materials
- DT – www.technologystudent.com
Should there be any information that you require that is not on this page please contact Mr R Prutton via email [email protected]